- Take the curly kale apart and remove the stems. Wash the leaves and put them in a pot. Boil 3 litres of water and pour over the curly kale.
- After 2 minutes, pour off the hot water, and swirl the cabbage in cold water. Then, put the cabbage in a sieve, let it drain and cool off.
- Meanwhile, peel the onions and cut them into small pieces. Chop the cooled cabbage. Dissolve the stock cube in ¼ l hot water.
- Heat the LARU pork lard in a large pot. Add the onions and fry them until they are glazed. Add the curly kale and stir until it falls apart. Add the stock cube and 1 pinch of salt. Put the bacon on top. Cook for 30 minutes at low heat with a lid.
- Peel the raw potato and wash it. Add it to the pot after 30 minutes of cooking. Place the smoked sausages on the cabbage. Cook it for another 25 minutes on low heat with a lid. Season the curly kale with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Serve with potatoes.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 750g curly kale
- 250g smoked bacon
- 4 smoked sausages
- 1 potato
- 2 onions
- Stock cube
- 75g LARU pork lard
- Salt and pepper