- Grease a twelve-hole muffin tin or line it with muffin paper.
- Put the flour, baking powder, cacao and baking soda in a bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- Mix the buttermilk and eggs vigorously in a separate bowl.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour mix and pour in the buttermilk mixture.
- Meanwhile, warm the LARU goose lard in a saucepan. Add the melted goose lard to the flour mix. Mix everything into a smooth dough.
- Spread the dough evenly over the muffin tin. Bake the muffins in 20-25 minutes in a 200° C preheated oven.
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
- 300g flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 40g cacao powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 180g sugar
- 375ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 125g LARU goose lard